The Brooks Building
Pen & Ink
The Brooks Building is located in the heart of downtown Saint Paul, within the historic district called Lowertown, at Jackson and Fifth Streets. Constructed in1892 by James J. Hill, the beautifully detailed building served as the Merchant’s National Bank until 1912 when it became the McColl Building. Now the Brooks Building since 2001, this opulent commercial office building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.